Brewing with Keurig K-cups is super popular because it’s a system that works. It’s convenient, offers fast brewing, and has a bunch of different flavors and varieties to choose from.
However, one of the issues with K-cups is that they can be somewhat expensive compared to alternative brewing methods. That is why we’ve searched the internet for some of the best deals. Further down this page, you will also learn about an almost unknown secret to getting cheap K-cups for as low as $0.30 each.
You’ll probably want to aim for less than $0.50 per K-cup. If the prices go lower than $0.40, you’ll want to stock up. Sometimes you may also be lucky enough to find some great K-cups at close to $0.30 per K-cup.
The easiest way to buy K-Cups is to shop for them online. You can find great deals, try different varieties, and have everything sent straight to your home or office.
Some of the Best Deals & Cheapest K-Cup Prices:
Around $0.30 per K-cup:
- Solimo Light Roast Coffee Pods ($0.30 per K-cup)
- SF Bay French Roast Compostable Coffee Pods ($0.30 per K-cup)
Around $0.40 per K-cup:
- Gevalia Signature Blend ($0.34 per K-cup)
- Caza Trail Breakfast Blend ($0.35 per K-cup)
- McCafe Premium Roast ($0.38 per K-cup)
- Maud’s House Blend Medium Roast Coffee ($0.39 per K-cup)
- Victor Allen 100% Colombian Coffee ($0.39 per K-cup)
- Green Mountain Nantucket Medium Roast Blend ($0.39 per K-cup)
- AmazonFresh Dark Roast K-Cups ($0.40 per K-cup)
- The Original Donut Shop Regular Coffee ($0.42 per K-cup)
Around $0.50 per K-cup:
- Caribou Blend Medium Roast ($0.50 per K-cup)
- Peet’s Coffee Major Dickason’s Blend Dark Roast ($0.50 per K-cup)
- Cinnabon Classic Cinnamon Roll Coffee ($0.54 per K-cup)
Some of the Other Best Places To Buy K Cups in Bulk:
- Costco and Sam’s Club usually have some bulk deals worth looking into.
- It’s usually not too hard to get your hands on a 20-30% coupon for Kohl’s and Bed Bath & Beyond. You can then use these coupons to buy K-cups in bulk.
- Sometimes you can find AMAZING deals on the clearance racks in grocery stores. Remember to check the expiration dates, though!
- If you’re looking for a new Keurig coffee maker, you can usually find a bundle deal that comes with a bunch of K-cups as part of the purchase.
- Another option is a K-Cup coffee subscription service. We recommend Angelino’s Coffee Pods, which will send you regular shipments of freshly-roasted beans in a range of flavors and roasts.
- We also love Gourmesso’s Glorybrew K-Cups and Elevate Coffee Co.’s Rude Awakening (extra-caffeinated) K-Cups.
A Great Yet Almost Unknown Secret to Getting Cheap K-cups:
1. Register your machine.
Register your Keurig coffee maker at Keurig.com. It will ask for your serial number, which is located on the bottom of your brewer. Then insert your email.
2. Check your email.
Open the welcome email that Keurig sends you. This email should include a unique coupon that allows you to buy two boxes and then get an extra two boxes for free. Keurig will also give you free shipping and a 10% coffee-club discount for all K-cup purchases. Pretty great, right?
3. Start shopping.
So go ahead and shop those K-cups. We recommend adding four large boxes (22-, 24-, or 25-count boxes are best). Note that the 80-count boxes are not eligible for the Buy Two, Get Two Free discount.
4. Enter that coupon.
Go to checkout and REMEMBER to enter your coupon. You will now have a pretty sweet deal (two extra boxes, free shipping, and a 10% discount). This should allow you to get a solid stash of K-cup pods for under 30 dollars.
This may be a one-time coupon, but it’s definitely worth checking out. Scouring Keurig’s website for more of these deals, and being subscribed to its newsletter, are also good ideas. The company tends to put out some interesting K-cup deals on Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
Credit to Redfinedmom.com for telling us about the method above.
An extra smart tip
Consider replacing your K-cups with reusable K-cup filters. You simply buy your favorite coffee grounds, put them into the filter, and you’re ready to brew. When you’re done, you can clean the filter and reuse it the next time.
- You can read our roundup of the best reusable K-cup pods here.
What we like about reusable filters is that there is more than one benefit to them. Not only are you saving money by not buying K-cups, BUT you also help save the environment.
Other Buying Tips
1. Comparison shop
Shopping on a budget? Wait for sales and collect coupons. If your favorite brand is expensive, consider trying a new variety. And don’t be swayed by misleading sale signs — look at the per-cup cost to determine if your K-Cups are actually less expensive than usual.
2. Buy a small box of coffee you haven’t tried
If you choose a brand you’ve never tried before, you may want to start with a smaller box. No one wants to end up with undrinkable 100 K-Cups. If you’re not sure what you like, why not try a variety pack?
3. Buy in bulk when you find a flavor you like
Once you find a great flavor, think about buying in bulk, especially if it goes on sale. Buy in the largest quantities that you can afford, store, and drink before the coffee goes stale.
4. Check expiration and best-by dates
Don’t make the mistake of buying dusty old K-Cups. Check the box for expiration or best-by dates and look for dates that are far away. You may also want to consider how much coffee you drink per week and do a little quick math. Will you finish the large box of K-Cups by the expiration date, or should you opt for a smaller box?
We hope this guide helps you quickly find your new favorite coffee. Choose from Amazon’s offerings, order directly from Keurig, or buy from a coffee roaster. For extra convenience, you can sign up for a coffee subscription service. If you’d rather shop in person, you can always try your local grocery store. And if you’d like to stop buying K-Cups but continue using your Keurig, why not switch to a reusable filter?
To get the most out of your Keurig, you’ll need fresh, flavorful K-Cups. Now that you know where to find them, what are you waiting for? Happy brewing!
Header image credit: Andrés Nieto Porras, Wikimedia, CC 2.0
Table of Contents
- Some of the Best Deals & Cheapest K-Cup Prices:
- Some of the Other Best Places To Buy K Cups in Bulk:
- A Great Yet Almost Unknown Secret to Getting Cheap K-cups:
- An extra smart tip
- Other Buying Tips